Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A childhood favorite of my friends...although not really for me.
- 1 (6 ounce) can albacore tuna, drained
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sweet pickle relish, well drained
- 3 tablespoons celery, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons sweet onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 4 teaspoons butter, softened
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 4 lettuce leaves
- Use a fork to flake the tuna in a medium bowl.
- Add the mayonnaise, relish, celery, onion, salt and pepper, and mix well.
- Butter each slice of bread.
- Spread the tuna mixture on the buttered side of 4 slices.
- Top each with a piece of lettuce, then the remaining bread.
- Cut the sandwiches in half and serve.
Nice tuna sandwich. It was very easy and I especially liked the celery in it. I made this on sourdough bread. Thanks swirlycinnacakes for a nice lunch.