Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Here is a tuna sandwich using low fat mayo and yogurt.
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna
- 1⁄4 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh dill weed, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons plain low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dijon-style mustard
- Drain tuna and mix with celery, dill, parsley, chives, mayonnaise, yogurt, and mustard.
- Mix well and refrigerate to let flavors blend.
- Spread on your favorite type of bread.
Oh! I can't believe I forgot to review this earlier! I've made this twice now... once following the directions exactly and a second time using a finely chopped dill pickle (I didn't have any dill weed on that occasion)... I LOVE that this uses low-fat ingredients and the taste is not affected at all! A+ Recipe! Made for 123 hit wonders!
i needed something quick, easy, and with basic ingredients to fill up on so i didnt go shopping on an empty belly (never good lol) i skipped out on the onions for my sandwhich, but used them in dbfs. i also didnt have any parsley. I didnt really taste a diffrence useing the yogurt - the mayo, speasonings and mustard kind of overpowered it, which is not a bad thing considering it let me use a bit less mayo but still have the creamy tuna i like. I really liked the splash of dijon mustard - i usually put yellow in and even tho i dont really like mustard it gives the tuna a nice little bite. I didnt let it sit for too long, only about 15-20 minutes but i think it tasted just fine. Spooned it on some toasted white bread for a quick, easy, tasty lunch. thanks charlotte j