Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
The mustard and pickle relish add some tang. If you can let it chill 2 hours or more, the flavors in the salad will blend better. Cooking time is actually recommended minimum chilling time.
- 1 (6 ounce) can low-sodium tuna in water
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise or 1 tablespoon Miracle Whip light
- 1 teaspoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon celery seed
- 4 slices raisin bread
- Mix together the tuna through celery seeds.
- If possible, chill at least 1/2 hour.
- Spread on 2 slices of bread and top with the other 2 slices.
I didn't really like this as written. It needed salt, a little more mayo (maybe a rounded tablespoon) and a little more mustard (again maybe rounded teaspoon). Loved the raisin bread idea.
Great tuna salad that doesn't overdo the mayo! I let mine chill for a couple of hours and served it on homemade raisin bread hoagies! So yummy, thanks for sharing!
This was great!! Made as is... except didn't use raisin bread! Great mix of spices - added a bit more Dijon mustard because I love the stuff!! Will try with raisin bread next time! Thanks echo echo!!