- 1 (6 ounce) can chunk light tuna or 1 (6 ounce) can chunk tuna, drained and flaked
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped celery, including some leaves
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped scallions or 2 tablespoons chives
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons sweet relish
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 4 thick slices white bread or 4 whole wheat bread
- 4 thin slices tomatoes
- 4 leaves lettuce (romaine, iceberg, green leaf, red leaf)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, mix together tuna, celery, scallions, mayonnaise, mustard, relish, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Butter bread, and toast until golden brown.
- Top 2 pieces with tomato, lettuce, and tuna salad.
- Close sandwiches, cut in half on the diagonal, and serve.