- 1 cup tuna
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 -3 pickled onions, chopped
- 1 piece celery, 2 inches, chopped
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon red chili sauce
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 8 lettuce leaves, hand torn
- 1⁄4 cup tomato ketchup
Directions See How It's Made
- Take tuna flakes in a bowl.
- Add pickled onions, celery, mayonnaise, tomato ketchup, and chili sauce; mix.
- Butter all the bread slices on one side. Put half of the lettuce leaves over the 4 bread slices on the buttered side.
- Spread tuna filling over them.
- Cover with the remaining slices buttered side down and press slightly.
- Cut each sandwich into two triangles.
- Place some lettuce leaves on a plate and serve sandwiches over them.
- Serve immediately.