I just threw this together tonight and was really happy with the outcome! And it's another one of those recipes that you can alter to your likes/dislikes and use what you have on-hand.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna (I love Kimmel's from the PNW, I buy it at Whole Foods)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (no Miracle Whip for me)
- 1/2 cup chopped celery (one to two stalks)
- 3 cups salad greens
- olive oil
- red wine vinegar
- fresh cracked pepper
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and quartered
- 2 stalks canned hearts of palm, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped into twice-as-wide-as matchstick pieces
- 1Mix the first three ingredients and set aside OR stop there and eat as is or use for tuna sandwich, tuna melt, etc.
- 2Divide the lettuce between two plates; dress with oil and vinegar, salt and pepper.
- 3Pack the tuna mixture into a 1-cup measure and turn out onto the middle of one of the plates of lettuce; repeat.
- 4Place the egg quarters, hearts of palm slices, and chopped red bell pepper around the tuna; if desired, garnish the top of the tuna with three pieces of red bell pepper.
- 5I like to crack fresh ground pepper over all at this point.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tuna Salad Salad
Serving Size: 1 (445 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 599.3
- Calories from Fat 304
- Total Fat 33.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 266.3 mg
- Sodium 739.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 49.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: