Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I wanted some tuna fish without bread one night and whipped one of these up. Makes a great snack or platter.
- 6 ounces low-sodium tuna in water (1 can)
- 12 leaves iceberg lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup diced tomato
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, strands
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise (optional) or 2 tablespoons mustard (optional)
- 12 toothpicks (for keeping wraps together)
- Drain tuna and put in a small bowl with tomatoes and carrots. Mix well. (If adding mayo or mustard, mix that in as well.).
- Take one lettuce leaf and place some of the tuna mix in the middle of it.
- Wrap the lettuce up and stick a toothpick in so it will stay. You should be able make 12 of these.
- Serve and enjoy!
This makes a great quick light lunch! I had baby carrots so I chopped them instead of shredding. I used light mayo and enjoyed this for a nice healthy lunch - thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for Spring PAC 2010
Healthy tuna snacks food for heart patient, camping, hiking, airlines flight snack, diabetic patients, traveling, vending machines etc. Gourmet tuna fish food products are big source of carbohydrate, protein, vitamins, iron, sodium, fiber and other nutrition facts www.gourmettuna.com .