Top Review by Sharon123
I loved this tuna salad. I put the celery and the onion in the food processor since my DH can't have crispy stuff and used bread for the same reason. Delicious! Thanks evelyn!!! Oh, I did add just 1 tsp. of relish. Keep those recipes coming!
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) cans tuna (preferably olive-oil packed, Italian)
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise (I use Hellman’s)
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- softened butter
- alfalfa sprout
- tomatoes, slices lightly salted
- cucumber, slices lightly salted
- 1⁄2 cup minced parsley
- 4 pita breads
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine tuna, mayonnaise, celery and onion.
- Butter pitas- this acts as a seal so the pita doesn't get soggy, and it tastes good too.
- Fill pitas with tuna salad, sprouts, tomato and cucumber slices.
- Sprinkle generously with minced parsley.
- Wrap and enjoy.