Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Adapted to serve 4 from South Beach Diet online. Phase 1.
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna in water, drained
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise (regular or lowfat)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons red bell peppers, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons celery, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons capers, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 8 large lettuce leaves (Bibb or Butter)
- In a bowl, flake the tuna with a fork.
- Stir in the mayonnaise and mustard.
- Stir in bell pepper, celery, capers, salt, and pepper.
- Arrange the lettuce on a work surface with the rib end closest to you and the "cup" facing up.
- Spoon the tuna salad onto the leaf near the rib end and roll to enclose.
This is my kind of tuna sandwich! Who needs bread? This is makes a delicious lunch. I used Romaine lettuce. Thanks for posting! Made for Alphabet Soup Tag.