Recipe by Whisper
This recipe was given to me by my aunt, who originally got it from Better Homes & Gardens. It's a quick and easy meal to make after working all day.
Top Review by Kree
This is so flavorful and tasty! The directions were simple and easy to follow. The only changes I made were to use reduced fat crescent rolls, only one tomato (I was too lazy to cut up another), and soy cheese. I did have to really press the crescent rolls to get them to fill up the whole pie plate, but once I did it worked wonderfully. I couldn't stop eating this! I can't wait to make it again. Thanks for a great recipe, Whisper (and Aunt Nelda, hehe)!
- 1 (8 count) package crescent rolls
- 1 (12 1/2 ounce) can tuna, drained and flaked
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup green goddess salad dressing
- 2 cups chopped lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 4 slices American cheese, halved diagonally (4oz)
Directions See How It's Made
- Unroll crescent roll dough; separate into 8 triangles.
- Place in greased 9-inch pie plate, pressing edges together to form pie shell.
- Trim edges of rolls 1/2 inch beyond edge of pie plate; fold under.
- Bake, uncovered, in 350 degree oven about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine tuna, celery, and salad dressing; spread mixture over partially baked shell.
- Sprinkle with chopped lettuce; top with chopped tomatoes.
- Bake, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Top with cheese halves; bake about 10 minutes more or until cheese melts.