Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe was given to me by my aunt, who originally got it from Better Homes & Gardens. It's a quick and easy meal to make after working all day.
- 1 (8 count) package crescent rolls
- 1 (12 1/2 ounce) can tuna, drained and flaked
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup green goddess salad dressing
- 2 cups chopped lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 4 slices American cheese, halved diagonally (4oz)
- Unroll crescent roll dough; separate into 8 triangles.
- Place in greased 9-inch pie plate, pressing edges together to form pie shell.
- Trim edges of rolls 1/2 inch beyond edge of pie plate; fold under.
- Bake, uncovered, in 350 degree oven about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine tuna, celery, and salad dressing; spread mixture over partially baked shell.
- Sprinkle with chopped lettuce; top with chopped tomatoes.
- Bake, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Top with cheese halves; bake about 10 minutes more or until cheese melts.
This is so flavorful and tasty! The directions were simple and easy to follow. The only changes I made were to use reduced fat crescent rolls, only one tomato (I was too lazy to cut up another), and soy cheese. I did have to really press the crescent rolls to get them to fill up the whole pie plate, but once I did it worked wonderfully. I couldn't stop eating this! I can't wait to make it again. Thanks for a great recipe, Whisper (and Aunt Nelda, hehe)!