Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This was something I threw together because my daughter hated "plain" tuna sandwiches. It's great on a bed of greens or on whole wheat with romaine lettuce and a slice of tomato
- Drizzle a little extra virgin olive oil in a wide skillet and set it on medium heat.
- Saute garlic, onion and celery until celery is soft and onions are translucent.
- Season with salt, pepper and basil.
- Add tuna and stir together until heated through.
- Spoon into a bowl and allow to cool fully before adding mayonnaise, relish, and the crumbled hard boiled egg.
Great tuna salad recipe. I sauteed the garlic and onion, but not the celery (I wanted to leave that crunchy). I really like the basil in there. I used Hellman's mayo. Thanx for sharing this recipe. I'll make it again.
Awesome! best tuna I have ever tasted. thanks for sharing! Cathy
Pretty tasty, we served this over salad and it was great. Thanks!