This is my own version of my family's recipe. I grew up watching Mom make this, and the old rule of thumb was two of everything. That's changed a little over time with the addition of many new ingredients. It truly is a family recipe since each person has contributed changes.
- 3 can tuna (used to be two, but I added so many veggies, the tuna property was getting lost!)
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 stalk celery
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 2-3 sweet gherkins, depending on size
- 3-5 pickled peppers, like pepperoncini or banana peppers
- slivered almonds
- 59.14 ml cilantro
- 2-3 green onions
- 4.92-9.85 ml mustard, preferably spicy
- 14.79 ml mayonnaise, for flavor if you like mayo
- pickle juice
- plain yogurt, enough to get the creaminess you desire
- salt and pepper
- Dice all the veggies and the eggs.
- Mix everything together in a bowl.
- Make it cold.
- Put it on a sandwich or eat with a fork.
- Your choice.
- It doesn't get much simpler than this.