Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my own version of my family's recipe. I grew up watching Mom make this, and the old rule of thumb was two of everything. That's changed a little over time with the addition of many new ingredients. It truly is a family recipe since each person has contributed changes.
- 3 cans tuna (used to be two, but I added so many veggies, the tuna property was getting lost!)
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 stalks celery
- 1⁄2 bell pepper
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 2 -3 sweet gherkins, depending on size
- 3 -5 pickled peppers, like pepperoncini or banana peppers
- slivered almonds
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro
- 2 -3 green onions
- 1 -2 teaspoon mustard, preferably spicy
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise, for flavor if you like mayo
- pickle juice
- plain yogurt, enough to get the creaminess you desire
- salt and pepper
- Dice all the veggies and the eggs.
- Mix everything together in a bowl.
- Make it cold.
- Put it on a sandwich or eat with a fork.
- Your choice.
- It doesn't get much simpler than this.
hi kitchengirl, this was really great! However, I added much less of the pickled pepper & juice & then followed all the instructions as written. It was nice and enjoyable! Made for "I Recommend" suggested by TeresaS. Thanks for posting, Diane :)
I made this for my dinner tonight and loved it! I did leave out the carrot and the egg. I had this in a sandwich with pumpernickel toast. Thanks!
This was really good! It had a nice creamy texture with a little crunch to it. All the flavors blended well together and made a nice salad for dinner. Left out the slivered almonds (didn't have any) but for the rest I followed the directions as given. Thanks kitchengrrl for posting!