Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is my husband's recipe. It is so simple and so delicious that I had to share it with you! I have added some optional instructions at the end. I have not tried the optional ingredients myself, but they sound like they would be very good. Try it and please let me know. I would appreciate the feedback. I have made this as a sandwich on buttered wheat bread with american cheese, alf alpha sprouts and sunflower seeds. Delicious!!! Enjoy!!
- 6 (5 ounce) cans tuna in water, drained
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 (10 ounce) jar dill or 1 (10 ounce) jar sweet relish
- 14 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise or 1 cup salad dressing
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely chopped (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, grated (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup raisins (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup apple, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced garlic (optional)
- In a large bowl, compine tuna and relish.
- Dice onion and add to mixture.
- chop or grate eggs and add to mixture.
- Add 3/4 cup of mayo or salad dressing, then add rest as needed for desired consistency.
- Add additional ingredients as desired.
- Note: If you use sweet relish, use Mayonnaise. If you use dill relish, use salad dressing. helps to balance the sweet salty tastes.
- refrigerate for 6-12 hours to let set and flavors marry.
- Serve on bread as a sandwich, or use as a dip for potato or corn chips or crackers.
- Note: Cooking time is actually chilling time.