Recipe by dividend
This is nice change from the standard mayonnaise-based tuna salad recipe. I like it stuffed into pita pockets with some lettuce. [This is loosely adapted from an episode of 30 Minute Meals]
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna or 1 cup of cooked dried garbanzo beans
- 1 (10 ounce) jar artichoke hearts (roasted if you can find them)
- 3 celery ribs
- 1⁄2 red onion
- 1⁄2 cup pitted kalamata olive
- flat-leaf Italian parsley
- 1 lemon
- extra virgin olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain the tuna in a strainer, and then flake it into a large bowl.
- Drain the artichoke hearts into a strainer and rinse off most of the marinade. Chop and add to bowl.
- Split the celery ribs in half lengthwise, chop fine, and add to bowl.
- Finely mince the red onion and add to bowl.
- Roughly chop the olives and parsley and add to bowl.
- Zest as much of the lemon as possible into the bowl, then cut in half and squeeze in the juice.
- Sprinkle on salt and pepper to taste, then drizzle with a little olive oil and mix well.