Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is the tuna salad my mom used to make. Simple, comforting, wonderful on soft white bread. The quantities are estimates, since Mom never really measured.
- Coarsely chop the hardboiled eggs and add to a bowl.
- Flake in the tuna.
- Add the pickle relish, and stir to combine.
- Add the mayonnaise a little at a time, tasting as you go, until you get a consistency you like. I like my tuna salad kind of creamy.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Use canned salmon in place of the tuna. Make sure to pick out all the pieces of bone and cartilage first.
This is exactly the way I learned to make tuna salad. Simple, but oh so good! Made for My 3 Chefs (. . . Like Mom Used to Make theme).