Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This was given to me by a Marine mom to put in our cookbook that we are selling to raise funds to send care packages to the troops. I tried it out one HOT Texas night and it was too good not to post! I hope you like it...
- 1 lb rotini noodles
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained
- 1 -2 cup mayonnaise (depending on how creamy you want it) or 1 -2 cup salad dressing (depending on how creamy you want it)
- 1 (1 7/8 ounce) box dry vegetable soup mix (I use Lipton brand)
- 6 -8 baby carrots, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 10 black olives, chopped (optional)
- Boil Rotini noodles according to package directions.
- Rinse in cold water to cool.
- Blend thoroughly tuna, mayonnaise, vegetable soup mix, carrots, celery and black olives.
- Serve immediately, or place in refrigerator to cool and serve cold.
- If refrigerated for a couple hours, you may need to add more mayo or a little milk to make this creamy.
The only truly tasty pasta tuna salad I have ever had! I did use tad less pasta and tad more veggies (green onions, red pepper, green peas). Tasty and crunchy! Very versatile, too. Yum!
This was very easy to throw together and we've enjoyed it with our lunches this week. I used ziti just cause thats what I had on hand and I couldn't find Lipton brand veggie soup (?) so I used the Knorr Brand instead. I did omit the olives due to personal taste. Thanks T.A. for another great recipe!
This was a very nice salad, and I used solid white albacore. I liked the fact it was easily thrown together and I added some sliced green onions to it as well. Thank you TA> :)