Recipe by Troop Angel
This was given to me by a Marine mom to put in our cookbook that we are selling to raise funds to send care packages to the troops. I tried it out one HOT Texas night and it was too good not to post! I hope you like it...
Top Review by rosslare
The only truly tasty pasta tuna salad I have ever had! I did use tad less pasta and tad more veggies (green onions, red pepper, green peas). Tasty and crunchy! Very versatile, too. Yum!
- 1 lb rotini noodles
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained
- 1 -2 cup mayonnaise (depending on how creamy you want it) or 1 -2 cup salad dressing (depending on how creamy you want it)
- 1 (1 7/8 ounce) box dry vegetable soup mix (I use Lipton brand)
- 6 -8 baby carrots, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 10 black olives, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil Rotini noodles according to package directions.
- Rinse in cold water to cool.
- Blend thoroughly tuna, mayonnaise, vegetable soup mix, carrots, celery and black olives.
- Serve immediately, or place in refrigerator to cool and serve cold.
- If refrigerated for a couple hours, you may need to add more mayo or a little milk to make this creamy.