Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is an adaptation of "Kittencal's Easy Tuna or Chicken Noodle Casserole". I did not have some of Kittencal's ingredients, so I improvised & came up with a deliciously different tuna casserole recipe! The roasted red peppers add a great flavor and color to this dish.
- 1 lb medium egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1⁄8 cup green onion, chopped (green part only)
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper, chopped (jar)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika (use a good Hungarian paprika if you want more kick)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated (divided)
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated (you can substitute American or Provolone)
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained well
- Cook Egg Noodles in Boiling salted water until al dente, drain.
- Toss egg noodles in a bowl with melted butter. Toss in drained, flaked tuna. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375. Butter large casserole dish.
- Spray large sauce pan lightly with butter cooking spray. Saute onions over medium heat until translucent.
- Add green onion, roasted red peppers, garlic, paprika, and black pepper. Saute 2 minutes longer to blend flavors.
- Add cream of chicken soup, milk, 2 Tbl. parmesan cheese, and grated cheddar. Stir over low heat until cheese is mostly melted.
- Place noodles & tuna in buttered casserole dish. Pour cheese mixture over top and toss to coat noodles. Sprinkle remaining 2 Tbl.parmessan over top.
- Bake uncovered for 15 minutes.