Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A risotto with tomatoes, herbs and tuna.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 3 -4 cups chicken stock or 3 -4 cups vegetable stock
- 425 g tuna, flaked
- 1⁄2 cup fresh herb, chopped (of your choice)
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup black olives, sliced
- 1 lemon rind, and juice of
- 1 -2 chili pepper, deseeded and chopped
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- Heat stock in a saucepan and keep on the plate next to where you are making your rice. Keep hot.
- Heat oil in frying pan and add onion and garlic. Saute until soft.
- Stir in rice and cook 3 minutes until grains are coated with oil.
- Add 1 cup stock and stir until liquid is absorbed.
- Continue stirring in remaining stock 1 cup at a time until rice is tender and mixture is creamy. If rice is cooked after 3 cups don't add the 4th.
- Fold in tuna, herbs, semi-dried tomatoes, olives, lemon rind and juice, chilli and seasoning.
- To serve place paremsan shavings on top, extra chopped herbs and if desired a drizzle of olive oil.