Wendys Kitchen's Note:
A risotto with tomatoes, herbs and tuna.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 3 -4 cups chicken stock or 3 -4 cups vegetable stock
- 425 g tuna, flaked
- 1/2 cup fresh herb, chopped (of your choice)
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup black olives, sliced
- 1 lemon rind, and juice of
- 1 -2 chili pepper, deseeded and chopped
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1Heat stock in a saucepan and keep on the plate next to where you are making your rice. Keep hot.
- 2Heat oil in frying pan and add onion and garlic. Saute until soft.
- 3Stir in rice and cook 3 minutes until grains are coated with oil.
- 4Add 1 cup stock and stir until liquid is absorbed.
- 5Continue stirring in remaining stock 1 cup at a time until rice is tender and mixture is creamy. If rice is cooked after 3 cups don't add the 4th.
- 6Fold in tuna, herbs, semi-dried tomatoes, olives, lemon rind and juice, chilli and seasoning.
- 7To serve place paremsan shavings on top, extra chopped herbs and if desired a drizzle of olive oil.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tuna Risotto Napolitana
Serving Size: 1 (395 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 492.0
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 45.7 mg
- Sodium 445.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 33.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: