1/3 Photos of Tuna Ring With Cheese Sauce
This is from my mother's Betty Crocker Recipe Card Library from the 70's. I've been enjoying it for 3 decades! It's so delicious, and not as hard as the recipe is lengthy. It makes even a novice cook look pretty darn impressive!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 egg
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
Cheese Sauce Ingredients
- 1Filling: Beat egg slightly; set aside 2 T egg.
- 2Stir tuna, onion, cheese, parsley, celery salt, and pepper into remaining egg.
- 3(You can do this part ahead and keep in refrigerator until ready to use.) Dough: Stir baking mix& water to a soft dough.
- 4Knead 5 times on a floured cloth covered board.
- 5(I just do this on a floured surface.) Roll out into a rectangle.
- 6Spread with filling.
- 7Roll up to make a long roll.
- 8Place sealed edge down on greased baking sheet.
- 9(I make a circle or a half-circle.) With scissors, make cuts 2/3 deep at 1"-2" intervals.
- 10(I slightly turn each piece to show filling.) Brush top with reserved egg.
- 11Bake at 375F for 25-30 minutes.
- 12Meanwhile, make cheese sauce.
- 13Cheese Sauce: Melt butter over low heat.
- 14Blend in baking mix, salt, and pepper.
- 15Cook over low heat, stirring, until smooth and bubbly.
- 16Remove from heat.
- 17Stir in milk.
- 18Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- 19Boil and stir one minute.
- 20Stir in cheese until melted.
- 21(I rarely bring this to a boil. I just make sure it's nice and hot, bringing the heat up slowly. Maybe it's my own quirk, but I don't scorch the milk that way. I slice the tuna ring and serve the slices and pass the cheese sauce. This is so yummy!).
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tuna Ring With Cheese Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (266 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 812.0
- Calories from Fat 419
- Total Fat 46.5 g
- Saturated Fat 23.3 g
- Cholesterol 172.3 mg
- Sodium 1285.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 42.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: