Recipe by English_Rose
Sandwiches can get boring so why not try packing a quick salad. If you’re eating rice or pasta you can cook a bit extra so there is some left over for lunch the next day. Then add a couple of spoons of flavour-packed salsa dip, a few bits from the store cupboard and hey presto a colourful healthy salad.
- 5 1⁄2 ounces cooked brown rice (or 2oz raw brown rice cooked until tender)
- 3 tablespoons salsa
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 2 ounces red kidney beans, drained and rinsed from a can
- 2 ounces roasted red peppers, drained and sliced from a jar
- 3 ounces tuna in brine, drained and flaked
- salad leaves, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the rice with the salsa, scallions, beans and peppers. Season to taste. Gently fold in the tuna.
- Place a handful of leaves at the base of your lunch box or serving bowl, then heap the rice salad on top. If you like top with a bit of extra salsa to taste.