Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is one of my favorite standby recipes that I've been making for over 30 years. I have absolutely no idea where it originally came from. This is really good for those nights when different family members have different eating schedules. It's very "adjustable" and you can add, change, or omit any of the ingredients listed. Cook time listed is the chilling time.
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained
- 2 eggs, hard boiled and chopped
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 6 -10 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped sweet pickle
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise (I use Miracle Whip Light)
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Chill cooked rice.
- Combine with remaining ingredients, pour over rice, and mix well.
- Chill for at least 2 hours.
I used this recipe for Christmas lunch [its salad weather here in Australia]. It was a delicious blend of tastes, with a lovely tangy dressing. I will be making it again in the near future.