Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe from an ex-SIL and we have enjoyed it for years. So easy to make, cool and light, and yet filling.
- 2 cups leftover cooked rice (cold)
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna (I prefer water packed)
- 2 stalks celery (chopped)
- 3 green onions (chopped, be sure to include some of the greens)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (can be Lite) or 1⁄2 cup salad dressing (can be Lite)
- Mix all of the ingredients together using just enough mayonnaise to bind everything.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and place in refrigerator for an hour or more.
- Place an ice cream scoop full on a lettuce leaf and garnish as desired.
Very easy to make....especially when you have leftover rice. I made this just as written. After mixing it, I thought there was too much rice for the amount of tuna, so I added an additional 6 oz can of tuna. This was great on a bed of lettuce. I would make this again, doubling the tuna. Thanx for posting.
This is one of my stand by favourites, very popular even with the kids and those that dont like tuna. We like it best with a can of peaches (chopped) and two green apples (chopped) instead of the celery and onions.