Recipe by Robin Batterson
This is a Tuna Rice Salad that I like on a bed of shredded lettuce or lettuce leaves for a warm summer lunch or dinner. I have also used it for a side dish at cookouts. Great for the non-meat eaters. You can add additional chopped veggies in if you want. Hope you enjoy.
Top Review by Montana Heart Song
I like tuna and I like the ingredients used in the recipe. I couldn't get past the taste of the garbanso beans. They taste meally to me. I think it is my personal taste. I had to add some other vegies to the salad.
- 1 cup brown rice (cook according to package and cooled)
- 2 (5 ounce) cans tuna, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1⁄2 cup olive, sliced (Salad style, drained)
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, grated
- 1 (1 ounce) package salad dressing mix, dry (good seasons or store brand works fine)
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons water