Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Adapted from Starkist Tuna recipe
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna or 1 (7 ounce) envelope tuna
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup onion, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried dill
- 2 1⁄2 cups assorted fresh vegetables
- Note: Either fresh or frozen vegetables can be used.
- Drain tuna, if using canned.
- Defrost vegetables under cool running water, if using frozen vegetables. Chop into bite-sized pieces.
- Spray medium saucepan with cooking spray. Saute rice and onions over medium-high heat until rice is golden and onion is soft.
- Stir in pepper, dill, and water.
- Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer about 15 minutes or until rice is almost tender but not all liquid is absorbed.
- Add vegetables. Cook 5 minuts or until tender.
- Add tuna and 1/2 cup of the cheese, stirring to blend.
- Serve topped with remaining cheese.