More Sunshine's Note:
My sister used to make this for us when we were kids and we all loved it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the corn starch and milk in a small saucepan, stir until smooth.
- 2Add the 4 tablespoons butter.
- 3Simmer over medium heat for 1 minute stirring constantly with a wire whisk.
- 4Continue simmering until the sauce thickens stirring constantly.
- 5Add salt and pepper if necessary.
- 6In another saucpan, boil the water and 1/2 tablespoon butter.
- 7Add the rice.
- 8Simmer, covered, over very low heat about 15 minutes.
- 9Thoroughly mix the rice, tuna & 1/2 of the white sauce.
- 10Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 11Form patties on a foil lined cookie sheet. (You may want to very lightly spray the foil with non-stick cooking spray to prevent sticking.)
- 12Bake 10-15 minutes.
- 13Top the patties with the remaining white sauce.
- 14Sprinkle with salt and pepper, if desired.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tuna Rice Patties
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 235.1
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 46.7 mg
- Sodium 214.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 10.8 g