Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My sister used to make this for us when we were kids and we all loved it.
Make and share this Tuna Rice Patties recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup rice
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna in water, Drained
- salt & pepper, To Taste
- Combine the corn starch and milk in a small saucepan, stir until smooth.
- Add the 4 tablespoons butter.
- Simmer over medium heat for 1 minute stirring constantly with a wire whisk.
- Continue simmering until the sauce thickens stirring constantly.
- Add salt and pepper if necessary.
- In another saucpan, boil the water and 1/2 tablespoon butter.
- Add the rice.
- Simmer, covered, over very low heat about 15 minutes.
- Thoroughly mix the rice, tuna & 1/2 of the white sauce.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Form patties on a foil lined cookie sheet. (You may want to very lightly spray the foil with non-stick cooking spray to prevent sticking.)
- Bake 10-15 minutes.
- Top the patties with the remaining white sauce.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, if desired.