Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My sister used to make this for us when we were kids and we all loved it.
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup rice
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna in water, Drained
- salt & pepper, To Taste
- Combine the corn starch and milk in a small saucepan, stir until smooth.
- Add the 4 tablespoons butter.
- Simmer over medium heat for 1 minute stirring constantly with a wire whisk.
- Continue simmering until the sauce thickens stirring constantly.
- Add salt and pepper if necessary.
- In another saucpan, boil the water and 1/2 tablespoon butter.
- Add the rice.
- Simmer, covered, over very low heat about 15 minutes.
- Thoroughly mix the rice, tuna & 1/2 of the white sauce.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Form patties on a foil lined cookie sheet. (You may want to very lightly spray the foil with non-stick cooking spray to prevent sticking.)
- Bake 10-15 minutes.
- Top the patties with the remaining white sauce.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, if desired.