Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
My dad makes this...and it is great!
- 1 1⁄3 cups brown rice or 1 1⁄3 cups white rice
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna fish, drained
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400* and put rice and tuna into casserole dish.
- On the stove, heat soup, adding the water to it. Bring to a boil.
- Add peas, stir and bring to boil again.
- Pour on top of rice. Lay cheese on top.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
I wish the receipe specified to use "cooked rice". I used uncooked rice and as soon as I got to adding the tuna and seen the baking time I figured that I just made a mistake. Needless to say the rice was crunchy and I had to put it back in the oven, at a lower temperature. Once done, there was not much flavor in this meal. Again, I am not rating this 2 stars due to the crunchy rice but because of the lack of taste. It was extremely bland and tasteless.
This was good. I used 2 cups of peas, and 1 cup of cheese because that is what I had. I agree with Adam B. that the two stars was uncalled for.
Pretty good, my husband loved it. The kids and I liked it too. I did it a little different, I only used half the water and added salt and pepper to taste, then mixed everything and added half the cheese in with everything else and baked, then the last 5 minutes I sprinkled the remaining cheese on top. Turned out very flavorful.