Recipe by Evie*
Cheap to make and tasty too.
Top Review by Caryn Dalton
The flavor was good, but I had a terrible time keeping the patties together in order to flip them. Since I doubled the recipe to bring dinner to a friend, I found that cooking on medium heat (no higher) and browning to a golden brown before trying to flip (lift an edge to peek). Then, flip very slowly. These would be good with salmon as well! Thank you for posting. This is going in my 'Tried and True' cookbook.
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 1 can tuna in vegetable oil (185g can)
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup oil (I use canola)
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw peas.
- Place rice in a large mixing bowl Drain tuna and add to rice with the egg, soy sauce, peas and flour.
- Mix to combine.
- Shape mixture in to 6 patties.
- Heat oil in skillet, cook patties in batches for approx five minutes each side.
- * edit* I have recently made this by just putting the whole mixture in a skillet (rather than in 'cakes')and browning both sides, very tasty. Eve