Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Cheap to make and tasty too.
Make and share this Tuna Rice Cakes recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 1 can tuna in vegetable oil (185g can)
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup oil (I use canola)
- Thaw peas.
- Place rice in a large mixing bowl Drain tuna and add to rice with the egg, soy sauce, peas and flour.
- Mix to combine.
- Shape mixture in to 6 patties.
- Heat oil in skillet, cook patties in batches for approx five minutes each side.
- * edit* I have recently made this by just putting the whole mixture in a skillet (rather than in 'cakes')and browning both sides, very tasty. Eve
I took the other suggestion of adding some spice. I liked it. My bf gave it a 2.5 out of 5. I doubled the soy sauce, added an extra egg as a couple other people said that it fell apart on them, lemon herb sauce, parm cheese, paprika, garlic powder, Italian seasoning and pepper. I am glad that I added the extras. Thanx Evie for posting.
This didn't do it for me - found the taste to be rather bland (maybe someone can suggest some spices?) and also didn't much like the idea of taking a healthy 'lean' protein like tuna and then making it unhealthy by frying! Sorry!
The flavor was good, but I had a terrible time keeping the patties together in order to flip them. Since I doubled the recipe to bring dinner to a friend, I found that cooking on medium heat (no higher) and browning to a golden brown before trying to flip (lift an edge to peek). Then, flip very slowly. These would be good with salmon as well! Thank you for posting. This is going in my 'Tried and True' cookbook.