Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
Appetizer or entree--easy to make and tasty! Substitute crab or lobster. From food blog with my changes.
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked rice, warm
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna in water, drained & flaked
- 1⁄2 cup finely grated cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1⁄4 cup chopped dill pickle
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 -4 drops hot pepper sauce
- salt, to taste
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup finely ground dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon paprika (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine rice, tuna, cheese, eggs, chives, pickles, juice, pepper sauce and salt.
- Form into 1” balls for appies or 2" for entree.
- Roll in breadcrumbs mixed with paprika. Place on lightly sprayed foil-lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Note: Can freeze after baking.
Not bad didn't care for the pickles. It may have been better had I used relish.
Such a quick and easy recipe and as an added bonus we all loved them! I didnt use the pepper sauce but did add a little curry powder instead and they turned out fantastic. I especially loved flavour of the dill in them. I will be making these again quite soon I think. Thanks Caroline.......great recipe!
This recipe was easy & quick to make. I did have to add extra breadcrumbs to mine but I think it is because I didn't drain the tuna well enough. I didn't add the pickles because DH wont eat them. I might add a little more paprika or hot sauce next time to spice it up a bit more but otherwise good.