Recipe by Chelsea^_^
Tuna is one of my favourite foods and one of my favourite dishes is a cheesy tuna bake. This is a lighter version of that so go ahead and indulge! Yum!
- 29.58 ml butter
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 stalk celery, sliced
- 14.79 ml flour
- 236.59 ml milk
- 2 eggs
- 59.14 ml grated cheese
- 425 g canned tuna, drained and flaked
- 473.18 ml cooked long-grain rice
- chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a saucepan. Add garlic, onion and celery. Cook until onion is clear.
- Stir in flour and cook until frothy. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly until mixture boils and thickens.
- Remove from heat.
- Add eggs and cheese, beating until well combined.
- Stir in tuna.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine tuna sauce and rice.
- Pour mixture into a greased ovenproof dish.
- Cook at 180C for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Garnish with parsley. Serve hot or cold.