Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Tuna is one of my favourite foods and one of my favourite dishes is a cheesy tuna bake. This is a lighter version of that so go ahead and indulge! Yum!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup grated cheese
- 425 g canned tuna, drained and flaked
- 2 cups cooked long-grain rice
- chopped parsley
- Melt butter in a saucepan. Add garlic, onion and celery. Cook until onion is clear.
- Stir in flour and cook until frothy. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly until mixture boils and thickens.
- Remove from heat.
- Add eggs and cheese, beating until well combined.
- Stir in tuna.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine tuna sauce and rice.
- Pour mixture into a greased ovenproof dish.
- Cook at 180C for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Garnish with parsley. Serve hot or cold.
This was fairly good, but very dry. When I heat it for dinner tonite, I'll add butter and see if that helps. Otherwise, maybe doubling the sauce would work.
Chelsea, this was delicious,and looking over your other recipes you seem to be a switched on cook for such a young lady. well done and congrats.
Make sure to use the right amount of tuna, I'm not sure how many cans of tuna 425g is per the recipe but I used one of those predrained pouches and it didn't seem to be enough.