Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
On a lazy afternoon, this is the easiest rice recipe provided you have a tin of tuna! It is quick, but very very yummy.
- 1 (185 g) can chunk tuna
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 4 green chilies, sliced midway
- 1 small tomatoes, cut into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 inch ginger, mashed
- 2 garlic cloves, mashed
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 10 -15 curry leaves
- In a non-stick pan, head oil and splutter mustard seeds.
- Add cumin seeds and curry leaves, roast for a few seconds.
- Add the onions, green chillies and salt, cook till onion is done.
- Add the ginger, garlic and tomato and cook again till the tomatoes become totally cooked.
- Add the turmeric, chili, coriander, pepper and garam masala powders and mix well.
- Roast them till a nice smell comes.
- Add the tomato paste and mix well.
- Add the tuna, and mix well.
- Leave to cook for 3-5 minutes or till tuna is done.
- Add the cooked rice after that and mix very well, till the whole rice becomes the color of the tuna mixture.
- Close the lid and leave the rice for a couple of minutes on low flame.
- Serve hot with raita, pickle and fried chicken.