Rafee Shami's Note:
On a lazy afternoon, this is the easiest rice recipe provided you have a tin of tuna! It is quick, but very very yummy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (185 g) can chunk tuna
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 4 green chilies, sliced midway
- 1 small tomato, cut into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 inch ginger, mashed
- 2 garlic cloves, mashed
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 10 -15 curry leaves
- 1In a non-stick pan, head oil and splutter mustard seeds.
- 2Add cumin seeds and curry leaves, roast for a few seconds.
- 3Add the onions, green chillies and salt, cook till onion is done.
- 4Add the ginger, garlic and tomato and cook again till the tomatoes become totally cooked.
- 5Add the turmeric, chili, coriander, pepper and garam masala powders and mix well.
- 6Roast them till a nice smell comes.
- 7Add the tomato paste and mix well.
- 8Add the tuna, and mix well.
- 9Leave to cook for 3-5 minutes or till tuna is done.
- 10Add the cooked rice after that and mix very well, till the whole rice becomes the color of the tuna mixture.
- 11Close the lid and leave the rice for a couple of minutes on low flame.
- 12Serve hot with raita, pickle and fried chicken.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tuna Rice
Serving Size: 1 (551 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 488.0
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 27.7 mg
- Sodium 470.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 12.6 g
- Protein 32.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: