Prep 8 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is my take on a salad featured in Bon Appetit. While I use a combination of fat-free mayonnaise and sour cream to make this consistent with the WW Core program, you should feel free to simply use 1/4 cup of your mayonnaise of choice. Please note cooking time is chilling time.
- 44.37 ml fat-free mayonnaise
- 14.79 ml nonfat sour cream
- 14.79 ml fresh lemon juice
- 4.92 ml grated lemon peel
- 158.51 ml celery, finely chopped
- 158.51 ml red onion, finely chopped
- 44.37 ml fresh parsley, chopped (Italian is best but either is fine)
- 170.09 g can light chunk tuna in water
- fresh parsley sprig, for garnish (optional)
- Using a fork first four ingredients in medium bowl to blend.
- Mix in celery, onion, and chopped parsley. Stir in tuna. Season salad with salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate; chill for a minimum of 30 minutes to let the flavors blend. Can be prepared up to 6 hours ahead.
What a great recipe. The flavors were wonderful. I used this as a main dinner dish so I added about 2 cups of cooked rotoni pasta. Will make this again very soon....Thanks Toni for posting.
Tuna Salad is one of my favorites and I've always had it with eggs and some sort of pickles. Well this was just so much better. Light and fresh with just wonderful flavors. The lemon is a must and just makes this tuna salad stand out from any that I've ever tried. I love lemon on my fish, so I knew when I found this it was going to be great. Absolutely loved it. Saying all that, I did cut back a little on the mayo/sour cream mixture and added an additional can of tuna and more lemon just, because I love lemons. Goes right into my favorite cookbook. Thanks Toni.
I love the lemon in the salad! Made as a salad, then as a sandwich. Thanks Toni! Made for the Potluck game.