Prep 25 mins
Cook 50 mins
A modern style Moroccan dish.
- 6 tomatoes
- 3 green bell peppers or 3 red bell peppers
- 2 eggplants
- 3 zucchini
- 1 small fresh hot pepper, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb fresh tuna
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Clean all the vegetables.
- Slip the tomatoes in boiling water to take their peels off, then deseed them.
- Cut the other vegetables into uniform sizes.
- Cut the tuna into cubes.
- In a dutch oven, heat 1 tbs oil and brown the peppers in this. Cook it over low heat for 10 minutes, stirring.
- Add the eggplant with 2 tbs oil, and continue to cook it all for 10 minutes, stirring.
- Add the zucchini with the thyme and oregano, plus the rest of the oil.
- Let this simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, the minced little hot pepper, the garlic and the tuna.
- Blend gently with a long wooden spoon.
- Cover and cook over very low heat for 20 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup of water if it becomes necessary to add liquid.
- Serve hot, warm or cold.