Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A quick, inexpensive main dish or snack. Serve with additional salsa, sour cream and guacamole.
Make and share this Tuna Quesadilla recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) cans tuna, drained and flaked
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup prepared chunky salsa
- 6 8-inch flour tortillas
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (about 3 oz)
- Combine tuna, mayo and salsa.
- Spread 3 tortillas with the tuna mixture, top with cheese and cover with remaining tortillas.
- Lightly grease a non stick skillet, add the quesadillas, one at a time and cook until lightly browned.
- Turn and cook until cheese has melted.
I added green onions and chopped red peppers to this recipe but it was a little too meaty for my taste. I will try this recipe again and tweak it maybe add more vegetables to the tuna mixture.
I also added green onions as well as tiny cut up celery and pickle, a little light mayo, sriracia sauce, a squeeze of lemon and the best addition - chopped up fresh cilantro. Excellent!
Could not be easier! I'm a sucker for anything with salsa and this did not disappoint. This made for a quick delicious dinner. Definitely a keeper!