1 hr 5 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs tuna steaks
- 1/2 cup flour
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 2 shallots, chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 4 ounces mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cups red wine
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1 teaspoon herbes de provence, crushed
- 4 cups cooked white rice
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 2Rinse the fish and pat it dry.
- 3Cut into approximately 1 1/2-inch chunks.
- 4Roll the fish in flour seasoned with salt and pepper.
- 5Heat the oil and butter in a large skillet and brown the fish on all sides.
- 6Add the peppers, shallots, garlic, tomatoes, and mushrooms and cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- 7Add the remaining ingredients and heat through.
- 8Transfer all ingredients to a large, covered casserole and bake for 45 minutes.
- 9Serve hot with the rice.
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tuna Provencale
Serving Size: 1 (687 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1186.6
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 72.2 mg
- Sodium 120.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 175.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 56.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
herbes de provence