Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs tuna steaks
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 2 shallots, chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 4 ounces mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cups red wine
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1 teaspoon herbes de provence, crushed
- 4 cups cooked white rice
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Rinse the fish and pat it dry.
- Cut into approximately 1 1/2-inch chunks.
- Roll the fish in flour seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil and butter in a large skillet and brown the fish on all sides.
- Add the peppers, shallots, garlic, tomatoes, and mushrooms and cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and heat through.
- Transfer all ingredients to a large, covered casserole and bake for 45 minutes.
- Serve hot with the rice.
This was absolutely beautiful, the tuna was just melt-in-the-mouth. A very fragrant dish which I will be doing the next time I entertain.
What a wonderful, flavourful dish. My friend was visiting from Canada and loves fish. We both raved about it. It also reheats well in the micro. I served with Jasmine rice and very fresh green beans. What a keeper. Thank you Dancer. This is my first review and am glad it is a 5 star one.