Montana Heart Song's Note:
Remember when they sold tuna pot pie along with the other pot pies. I can't find any now. I use #151305 Vintage Cold Box Biscuits for the top and bottom.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (6 ounce) cans canned tuna, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced potatoes, drained (or 1/3/4 Cup fresh diced potatoes.)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas and carrots
- 1/2 cup minced pimiento
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground celery seed
- 1 dash turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt or 1 teaspoon salt substitute or 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour or 2 tablespoons rice flour
- 1/3 cup margarine
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 10 biscuits, partially thawed
- 1 cup uncooked dried beans
- 1In large bowl, add eight ingredients, mix. Set aside for about 10 minutes. Peas and carrots are starting to thaw.Add the balance of the ingredients.
- 2Cut the partially thawed biscuits in half so you have twenty rounds.
- 3Pat and flatten in a deep dish pie pan, press together. Use as many as it takes to go up the sides. Make sure they are flat. The balance of the rounds will be for the top.
- 4Preheat oven 375*.
- 5Add 1 cup dry beans in the deep dish pie plate. Bake 8 minutes. Take out of oven. Pour out the beans, save for another day.
- 6Stir the tuna mixture again. Pour into pie plate. Place remaining rounds on top. You might have to thaw a few more and cut depending on how crusty you want your tuna pie.Note: Canned diced potatoes hold their shape, and don't fall apart.
- 7Bake 20 to 25 minutes. Wrap tin foil around edges of crust and the top so it will not get too brown.
- 8Take out of oven and set for 10 minutes.
- 9Cut in wedges and enjoy.
- 10Note: I have made this in an 8 X 8 square pan and then cut in squares. I cut the amount of potatoes in half for the square pan.Cooking time includes the set time.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tuna Pot Pie, Deep Dish
Serving Size: 1 (344 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1017.0
- Calories from Fat 443
- Total Fat 49.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Cholesterol 53.9 mg
- Sodium 2070.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 106.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.7 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 40.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: