Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
EatingWell; 349 calories, 8 g fat
- 8 ounces whole wheat spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 anchovies, minced (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can chunk light tuna, drained and flaked
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- Bring a big pot of water to a boil; cook spaghetti, stirring occasionally, until al dente, 9-11 minutes or according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over med-high heat.
- Add in garlic; cook/stir until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add in anchovies and crushed red pepper flakes; cook for 30 seconds more.
- Add in tomatoes; decrease heat to medium and cook/stir for 8 minutes.
- Stir in tuna and cook until it is incorporated into sauce and heated through, 2 minutes.
- Divide the spaghetti evenly among 4 plates; top with sauce and garnish with basil.
- Serve hot.
Yummy and very easy. I used fresh basil and sage out of my garden.