Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Serve hot or cold garnished with green vegetables or salad stuffs as applicable. Perfect for a picnic or buffet.
- 2 (7 ounce) cans tuna in vegetable oil, drained
- 3 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 2 ounces red peppers, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 13 ounces puff pastry
- Pre-heat the oven to 425°F
- Place the tuna in a bowl and add celery, red pepper, mayonnaise, half the beaten egg, lemon pepper and chives, mix carefully.
- Roll out pastry to an oblong measuring approx 14 x 12in. Transfer to a baking tray.
- Spread the filling lengthwise down the centre third of the pastry. Cut horizontal, 1in width strips down each side of the pastry to within 1in of the filling.
- Fold the end pieces of pastry over filling and lift strips of pastry over the filling from alternate sides to form a plaited effect.
- Brush with remaining beaten egg. Cook in the oven for 25 minutes until golden.