Recipe by RoseAnn Reid
If you like Tuna and Pizza, you will love this, especially children! It is delicous for lunch or dinner! My mom used to make it for us kids many years ago. My kids and their friends love it! It's quick and very easy to prepare!
- 2 cans tuna, drained and broken up in a bowl
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 stalk chopped celery
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 English muffins, sliced in half,horizontally
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 6 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine thorougly: tuna, onion, garlic, celery, salt, pepper and mayonnaise.
- Don't use too much mayonnaise or it will be too soggy.
- Evenly distribute the tuna mixture on top of each English Muffin slice.
- Spread approximately 1-2 Tbl.
- of tomato sauce on top of each slice with tuna.
- Sprinkle approximately 1-2 Tbl.
- of the cheese on top of each slice with tuna and tomato sauce.
- Cover bottom of a cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place each prepared"pizza burger" on foil.
- Broil approximately 6" from flame until lightly browned.
- Watch carefully or it will burn!
- Serve warm.