Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This comes from a local supermarket flyer and sounds so good. I hope to try it soon. Choose water packed tuna and low fat mayo for a heathy treat.
- 184 g tuna in water, drained
- 75 ml mayonnaise
- 125 ml apples, chopped
- 50 ml carrots, shedded
- 15 ml lemon juice
- 2 pita bread, cut in half
- 200 ml alfalfa sprouts or 200 ml lettuce, shredded
- In a small bowl combine tuna, mayo, apple, carrot and lemon juice.
- Fill each pita half with alfalfa sprouts or lettuce and 1/4 of the tuna mixture.
This makes a quick and easy sandwich for lunch. It really hit the spot and I plan on making it again when I have the girls over for lunch. The apples in the tuna added a nice fresh sweet taste to it. This is a winner for sure. Thanks for sharing, Michelle Dominic.
This was so very good. I shredded my carrots and apple at the same time in the food processor. And while it saved time, I wouldn't recommend it as the apple got soggy because it was shredded. Using fat free mayo worked well here because there are so many other tastes to compete. Very wonderful lunch!
Wow this is good! I wasn't sure if I would like the combination of ingredients, but it was yummy. I am definetly saving this.