Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is a nice change from your average tuna melt, it makes a great snack or light dinner, I sometimes add in some sunflower seeds also, adjust all amounts to suit taste.
- 4 (24 inch) pita bread
- 2 (340.19 g) can tuna, drained
- 44.37-59.16 ml mayonnaise (or to taste)
- 29.58 ml dill pickle relish
- 14.79 ml fresh lemon juice
- 0.25 ml dried dill
- seasoning salt (to taste, or use white salt)
- black pepper (to taste)
- 118.29 ml raisins
- 1 large tomatoes, sliced
- 236.59 ml grated cheddar cheese (divided into 1/4-cups or use mozzarella cheese)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the whole pitas onto a baking sheet in one layer.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- In a bowl mix together tuna with mayonnaise, pickle relish, lemon juice and dried dill until well combined.
- Season with seasoned salt and black pepper to taste, then mix in raisins.
- Divide/top the mixture between the 4 toasted pitas.
- Top with tomato slices, sprinkle the tomatoes lighty with salt and pepper, then top each tomato with about 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese or mozzeralla cheese (or to taste).
- Bake for about 5-6 minutes or until the cheese is well melted.