1/3 Photos of Tuna Pita Melts
This is a nice change from your average tuna melt, it makes a great snack or light dinner, I sometimes add in some sunflower seeds also, adjust all amounts to suit taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (24 inch) pita bread
- 2 (340.19 g) can tuna, drained
- 44.37-59.16 ml mayonnaise (or to taste)
- 29.58 ml dill pickle relish
- 14.79 ml fresh lemon juice
- 0.25 ml dried dill
- seasoning salt (to taste, or use white salt)
- black pepper (to taste)
- 118.29 ml raisins
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 236.59 ml grated cheddar cheese (divided into 1/4-cups or use mozzarella cheese)
- 1Set oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Place the whole pitas onto a baking sheet in one layer.
- 3Bake for 5 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- 4In a bowl mix together tuna with mayonnaise, pickle relish, lemon juice and dried dill until well combined.
- 5Season with seasoned salt and black pepper to taste, then mix in raisins.
- 6Divide/top the mixture between the 4 toasted pitas.
- 7Top with tomato slices, sprinkle the tomatoes lighty with salt and pepper, then top each tomato with about 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese or mozzeralla cheese (or to taste).
- 8Bake for about 5-6 minutes or until the cheese is well melted.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tuna Pita Melts
Serving Size: 1 (241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 467.7
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 17.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 64.8 mg
- Sodium 598.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 13.4 g
- Protein 31.8 g