Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A lite sandwich for lunch
Make and share this Tuna Pita recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna in water
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 teaspoons coarse grain dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 -4 whole wheat pita bread, sliced
- sliced tomatoes
- shredded lettuce
- Drain and flake tuna with a fork.
- Combine with celery, green onion and dill.
- Blend together yogurt, mustard, and celery salt, then mix with tuna.
- Cut pita bread in half and line with lettuce and tomato slices. Add tuna and serve.
I used dijon instead of the powdered mustard and it added a lot of flavor/creaminess to to the yogurt (gave it a "French" flavor). I usually add vinegar to yogurt in my recipe but I did like the thicker texture it made for without. I used celery seed and liked the combo flavor with the dill. Thanks chef, for posting. Roxygirl
I loved this tuna pita recipe. It was a nice and slightly sweeter tasteful lunch choice. I love how the non fat yogurt gives it a sweet tastes and I didn't even have to use any type of mayo....Thanks
This was very good, had a nice zing with the dry mustard, although I might cut back, just a bit on the mustard next time. Sorry to say I was out of lettuce so used sproats, also had to use cheese flavoured tortilla wraps, in any case they were delicious! Nice combination for a tuna sandwich, especially instead of mayo, loved the yoghurt. Thanks for sharing.