Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
These pita pockets are a welcome change from traditional sandwhiches. I never thought that tuna and pineapple would go well together, but it does. They are great for lunch, or even for dinner. This is a great recipe for 1-2 people.
- 170 g canned tuna, 1 tin (drained)
- 14 ounces canned crushed pineapple (drained)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded lettuce
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese (grated, I use low fat)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (I use light)
- 2 whole wheat pita bread, cut in half
- Mix tuna, pineapple, lettuce, cheese and mayonnaise together.
- Fill each half pita pocket with 1/4 of tuna mixture.
- Serve hot or cold. To serve hot, place in preheated oven at 325°F for 15 minutes or until centers are warm. Or microwave on high, uncovered, for 90 seconds (for all pockets: reduce time if heating only one).