Prep 1 hr
Cook 50 mins
I grew up in family with limited income. This was a dish that could feed us economically and get in some protein. The taste was wonderful too.
- 1 (12 ounce) can tuna, flaked
- 1 cup American cheese or 1 cup cheddar cheese or 1 cup swiss cheese
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- Crumble enough saltines to cover the bottom of a standard pie plate.
- In a large bowl mix tuna, cheese, and onion. Spoon over crackers.
- Stir together eggs, mayo and milk. Pour over tuna mixture.
- Bake at 375 for 50 minutes.
I liked it ok but it was a bit lacking on flavor (aside from fish flavor) Perhaps the addition of a few spices might improve this. Also it was a bit greasy. I would suggest using sour cream instead of mayonnaise.