Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Another great recipe I found on Betty Crocker's website. Celery seed is wonderful in tuna salad and the addition of coleslaw dressing will add a little zip. A nice "lunch on the go" sandwich.
- 1 (6 ounce) can light chunk tuna in water, drained
- 1 large carrot, shredded (1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon coleslaw dressing
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed, if desired
- 4 pita breads, cut in half to form pockets (6 inches in diameter)
- In a medium size bowl add drained tuna, shredded carrots, sweet pickle relish, coleslaw dressing and celery seed if using, mix together well.
- Into sliced and halved pita bread spoon the tuna mixtue. Serve immediately or refrigerate until chilled and serve.
Wonderful! I accidentally used dill pickle relish, and didn't have any celery seed so minced up 1 celery stalk otherwise made as directed. Delicious! DH and I both enjoyed this very much! I loved the addition of the shredded carrot! Thanks Lor! Made for KK Recipe Tag
What a lovely way to serve tuna salad for lunch; I added 2 chopped green onions to the mixture. Simple to make and a great idea to serve when my kids come to visit. Thank you for sharing. I made these for Autralian/New Zealand Recipe Swap. Rita/Sage
I did a half serve my lunch but served on rice crackers instead of pita. Slightly sweet and a great zippy taste provided from the coleslaw dressing added. Simple to make & full of flavour so 5 stars from me.