Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This recipe is from a 1987 issue of Southern Living. Cooking time is actually chilling time.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 7 ounces solid white tuna, drained and flaked
- 3 tablespoons green peppers, finely diced
- 3 tablespoons onions, finely diced
- 3 tablespoons celery, finely diced
- 5 pimento stuffed olives, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- Combine all ingredients except pecans; stir well.
- Shape mixture into a ball; cover and chill at least 1 hour.
- Roll in pecans; cover and chill.
- Serve ball with assorted crackers.
We enjoyed the flavors in this cheeseball. The horseradish, tabasco, etc combine to make the spread slightly spicy & married well with the tuna. The pecans were a nice touch as they added crunch. I elected to not add the salt & for us it wasn't missed. I used the leftovers to make wraps in whole wheat tortillas loaded with grated carrot, romaine, and thin slices of red peppers. Thank you for sharing the recipe!