Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a fantastic main dish perfect for those hot summer days when a light, cool meal sounds good. I make the day before to let the flavors blend.
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen peas, cooked,drained,cooled
- 16 large shell macaroni, for stuffing
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can albacore tuna, drained,flaked
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 2 eggs, hard boiled,chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- Cook macaroni as directed on package; drain.
- Set aside in bowl of cold water.
- Combine remaining ingredients.
- Add peas; toss gently.
- Drain water off of pasta.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup tuna mixture into each macaroni shell.
- Cover; refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
I made these for the office and they were DELICIOUS-everyone loved them! Fast and easy to prepare and so pretty on a platter. Thank you for a great recipe, Claudia Dawn! Made for the Think Pink Tag Game In Honor of Breast Cancer Awareness, October 2008.
Very yummy and what a pretty presentation. I've made something similar in the past but just used plain tuna salad. This recipe is much tastier! I admit to forgetting to mix the peas in. Silly. I had them cooked and drained and sitting in a bowl and then just plain forgot to add them. On the other hand I really liked how they ended up looking with the peas on top. Very pretty!! Don't skimp on the dill and use fresh if at all possible.
I made a version of these a while ago, using shrimp salad instead of tuna, thinking that I was being so original. Oh well. I shall try these, as they do look good as well, and not as costly. Thank you.