Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a fantastic main dish perfect for those hot summer days when a light, cool meal sounds good. I make the day before to let the flavors blend.
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen peas, cooked,drained,cooled
- 16 large shell macaroni, for stuffing
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can albacore tuna, drained,flaked
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 2 eggs, hard boiled,chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- Cook macaroni as directed on package; drain.
- Set aside in bowl of cold water.
- Combine remaining ingredients.
- Add peas; toss gently.
- Drain water off of pasta.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup tuna mixture into each macaroni shell.
- Cover; refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
This is good but a little bland for me. I used a 15oz can chickpeas in place of the tuna. Next time I'd use more miracle whip and less sour cream. I like the added texture and sweetness from the peas, and I love the hard boiled eggs. Really it all comes down to how you like your tuna salad. I'll try this idea again with my usual version + the peas/eggs. Thanks!
I made these for the office and they were DELICIOUS-everyone loved them! Fast and easy to prepare and so pretty on a platter. Thank you for a great recipe, Claudia Dawn! Made for the Think Pink Tag Game In Honor of Breast Cancer Awareness, October 2008.
FALL PAC 2008: I made this for lunch for us this weekend! A nice change of pace for tuna salad!! I like the shells - perfect for a bridal/baby shower or party appy!!