Prep 40 mins
Cook 30 mins
A slightly different version of the old stand-by tuna casserole. A quick, cheap, tasty meal.
Make and share this Tuna, Pea, and Brown Rice Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) cancampbell condensed golden mushroom soup
- 1 (6 ounce) canchunk light tuna packed in oil, drained and flaked
- 1 cup frozen peas, cooked and drained
- pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Butter a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the first 5 ingredients.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumbs evenly over the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Transfer the tuna-rice mixture into the casserole dish and spread out evenly.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over the top.
- Bake in a 350° oven for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly.
Doubled the rice and tuna. Kept it to one can of mushroom soup and added a bit of veg. broth to moisten the rice. Also added a bit of seasoning, garlic powder and parsely and french fried onion on top in the last five minutes of cooking. Enjoyed it for a quick comfort meal.
Lovely and easy, kept the recipe the same and it came out fantastic, it's a keeper!
Tasty and QUICK! Next time I will double the recipe because it doesn't make enough! I thought I was missing a major ingredient! Or maybe just add more peas or another veggie for "bulk". Also, I will use the REGULAR Cream of Mushroom soup next time. I thought the flavor of the GOLDEN Mushroom was just too rich for this mild dish.